Saturday 1 February 2014

One for the Shark

Thought it was about time I updated my blog. And today's post is about a writing contest I entered on Janet Reid's blog last week. Or the week before. Not really sure, as I seem to have lost track of days. Find Janet's blog here: http://jetreidliterary.blogspot.co.uk/ and if you don't all ready follow her, then you should. She is an awesome agent and gives out brilliant advice.

Anyways, the contest was simple, write a 100 word story which included a lost phone. Yep, very simple. Below is the entry I submitted, and I even got a special mention from Sharky. The second time that's happened, so it made me very happy.

He was dead. Jack tensed every muscle in his body and waited for the impact. The black bonnet of the car hurtled towards him, a blur against the intense sun behind. Tyres screeched. People screamed from the pavement. A smell of burnt rubber filled the air.

"You’re mine, Jack." A voice cut through the chaos. Not from the onlookers watching in horror, but from the phone held against his ear. "All mine."

He shouldn’t have picked up the abandoned phone. A rookie mistake. She’d planted it there for him to find.

“This’ll teach you not to follow me on twitter.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*jumps up and down clapping*

See? That wasn't so hard, was it? :D